Thank you for showing in an interest in working at Pate’s - we hope that our website will give you a flavour of what it is like to join our strong community of over 150 exceptional staff.
The positive ethos at Pate’s is evident from your first few minutes in our school and is seen in the quality of relationships between all members of our school community. Students and staff motivated, they look after and challenge each other. Our students are quite simply the best of their generation. They are inspiring young people, it is truly a privilege to work with them.
We recognise that our staff our main reason for our successful and happy school. Both teaching and support staff are committed and hardworking, all believing firmly that we should help students to be and do their best. Pate’s prides itself on attracting and retaining staff of the highest quality. We have a reputation for promoting professional autonomy and for investing in staff through the provision of high quality courses and development opportunities - our CPD offering is second to none. Modern, purpose built accommodation ensures a high quality working environment for all and above all staff join a very special ‘Pate’s Family’.
The 'top 10 reasons' to work at Pate's include:
- Highly motivated and engaged students - the best of their generation and a supportive staff team, you join a real ‘Pate’s Family’
- A culture of professional autonomy
- As a Teaching School we develop and support our staff (teaching and non-teaching) at every stage of their career
- We recognise that our staff (like our students) have other commitments away from school and are entitled to a healthy work-life balance and our support with family or other commitments wherever possible. We support many staff to work 'flexibly', wherever possible
- Pate's provides an opportunity to work in an outward facing school that treasures and cherishes the best of the past, yet looks to embrace and be at the cutting edge of national and world educational developments.
- Modern, purpose built accommodation with onsite parking and easy access to the M5 and Cheltenham station
- Well resourced departments and access to a high quality library for both professional and personal use – thanks to additional funding we receive from a variety of sources
- FREE access to the onsite school gym
- Longer holidays than many other state schools
- New staff, at all levels and in all roles have a key part to play in our journey. We welcome and value immensely the continual renewal, regeneration, debate and ideas that new blood brings.
Please do come and visit or get in touch to find out more. Details of our current vacancies can be found here
"In part due to the excellent personal development programme for support staff, but also due to the
open door policy of senior staff, I feel supported in my development and confident in my
abilities. Despite having been a full-time mum for a number of years before I arrived and
feeling slightly nervous about being back in the workplace and the various challenges that would
entail, I have felt valued and supported (as well as challenged!). It has never been a problem for
Pate's to accommodate the changing needs of my family life. Consequently Pate's does feel like an
extended family, so I feel I have the best of both worlds. I can honestly say that the more I have put
into the school, the more I have got out of it." (Pate's Staff Member)