Supporting you through your A Levels
We are proud of the exceptional pastoral care our students receive and we invest considerable energy and resources into their wellbeing –
- Pastoral Care – The school has a comprehensive pastoral care system including Form Tutors and Heads of Year, supported by our dedicated Sixth Form Pastoral Manager and our SENDCo, and led by Mr Andrew Jones, Senior Deputy Head.
- Special Education Needs and Pastoral Intervention – Our SENDCo has a specialised pastoral intervention role working with relevant students throughout school to ensure they have the support needed. This involves liaising with teaching staff and Heads of Year to make sure they are aware of issues, and outside agencies should they arise. The SENDCo also works with the Exams Office Team to ensure appropriate Access Arrangements are in place.
- School ‘Hub’ – For a small number of students with particular health or medical needs, additional support from our ‘Hub’ is also available. Staffed by specialists, this supportive environment ensures that we are able to individually nurture and support all students in our care.
- School Counsellor – Students will have access to Teens in Crisis (TIC+) a School Counselling service. Students can be referred to this service through teaching staff or our Pastoral Manager. Students can also contact the Counsellors directly.
- School Nurse Service – We have access to the School Nurse Service and there is a drop-in session once a week. The nurse provides confidential advice and support on health related issues, including relationships and sexual matters.
- Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) – This is a fortnightly programme that runs throughout Y12 and Y13. It covers topics outside of the academic curriculum and is divided into 3 areas: Personal Development, Higher Education & Careers and Pate’s Opportunities. Most sessions are delivered by external speakers who are experts in their field. We are constantly reviewing and refining our programme but you can view an example below.