We encourage our students to make the most of the numerous extracurricular opportunities available within Pate’s Sixth Form. These opportunities will serve to enrich their Sixth Form experience as well as enhancing their CV/UCAS application.
Leadership Opportunities include:
- House Representatives – Become a House Official for one of our five Houses and help lead school-wide House events throughout the year.
- Student Committees – Join one of our student committees such as Yearbook, Community, Wellbeing or Development & Alumni and make a real impact.
- Shaping Futures – Become a mentor for our social mobility initiative that works in partnership with over 14 local primary schools. Sixth Formers will help support primary school students to reach their potential. You can find out more about this here.
- Language Leaders – Learn how to lead younger students by teaching them language skills and get involved in the organisation of a big Languages Festival for primary children.
- School Mentoring – Volunteer to mentor younger students in a chosen subject. This involves 1-2-1 revision and regular study guidance for one hour a week.
- Guided Readers – Volunteer to hear Y7 & Y8 students read during their library lessons for one hour each fortnight.
- Charity Fundraising – Join a Charity Team and support one of six events across the year raising money for charities chosen by the students themselves.
- Societies – There are numerous lunchtime societies to get involved with, from career or subject based, to interest groups. Some of our current societies include: Ceramics, Debating, Med-Soc, LGBTQ+, Computing and Taylor Swift. If you can’t see the society you want then we encourage you to set one up!