THE PATE'S PLEDGE
Our school community shares a collective vision of ‘Nurturing Excellence’ through ‘Embracing Challenge’, ‘Supporting Each Other’ and ‘Shaping the Future’. Our intent at Pate’s is to therefore foster an inclusive learning and school environment, which promotes progress and high attainment for all students. We pride ourselves on providing equal access to a rounded education, including a wide range of co-curricular opportunities to support the personal development of our learners.
To that end, where appropriate (e.g., when in receipt of Pupil Premium), we can offer a range of the following support to your child:
- Day-to-Day Support
- Trips and activities are offered to Pupil Premium students at a reduced cost, as appropriate.
- Help with buying school uniform, PE kit and equipment is offered and provided when necessary.
- Support with music lessons and vocal tuition is provided when appropriate.
- Academic Support
- Specialist support colleagues have been employed to support pupils and provide one-to-one intervention work in Maths, Science and English for those who would benefit most. Pupil Premium students take priority.
- A member of staff has been employed to oversee organisation and revision skills for PP students. They have a specific focus on how to plan for revision, how to revise and how to structure time and space at home to make the most of study skills.
- We ensure Quality First Teaching (a style of teaching that emphasises high quality, inclusive teaching for all pupils in a class).
- Wellbeing Support
- Enhanced staffing through our school counsellors provides students with a counselling service and mentoring to support improved self-esteem.
- The school’s independent careers officer interviews all students in Year 10 and Year 11, placing Pupil Premium students as a priority.
We fully recognise that every child has their own individual needs, so please do contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We would be happy to discuss any of the above with you further. Please do email firstname.lastname@example.org.Pupil Premium Statement