The Pate’s Shaping Futures Programme is a social mobility initiative that works in partnership with our local primary schools.
The aim of Shaping Futures is to further equal opportunities in our local community and support primary students to reach their full potential. Regardless of socioeconomic backgrounds, we are eager to nurture the aspirations of students so that they reach their future potential; be that within or beyond Pate’s.
Shaping Futures aims to:
- Promote equal opportunities, by widening access to Grammar Schools for Pupil Premium and Looked After Children by providing a combination of:
- Guidance on the knowledge, skills, and characteristics required to achieve future goals
- Activities to support pupils to develop self-esteem, motivation for learning or self-efficacy
- Opportunities for pupils to encounter new experiences and settings
- Additional academic support
2. Develop the leadership skills of our 6th Form Pate’s students, by working in mentorship roles with primary learners
For further information or if you are a primary school who would like to be involved, please do visit the "Get Involved" page on our Shaping Futures website found here.
If you are a parent or guardian living in Cheltenham and feel your child is eligible to participate in the Shaping Futures programme then please do register your interest by completing the sign-up form here