Why Support Pate's
It is a sad fact that government funding for Pate's, and many other schools across the country, has been decreasing year on year. We now face such extreme revenue pressures that we have no alternative but to direct our fundraising efforts to help the 'revenue pot', rather than to purchase additional resources.
Making £nds Meet was launched in April 2015 to meet our ongoing shortfalls in our funding, rather than putting in place savage cuts. So far we have set four targets and thanks to our amazing community have successfully achieved the first four goals (further details below) and just starting out on tackling the fifth. Revenue pressures are still significant but we will continue to do all we can to ensure that the education we offer our students does not get impacted by woefully poor levels of funding.
Fantastic News: We have achieved our goal for this year and raised over £150,000. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped us achieve this amazing total and support the students at Pate's. Every pound over the £150,000 target is a head start on next year's target.
Thank you to each and everyone; you are all making a massive difference!
We would also like to offer our huge thanks to the governors, parents, alumni, relatives, former parents, grandparents and staff for their support of Making £nds Meet, helping us to achieve our 1st, 2nd and 3rd Goals (lists of our supporters below - please click each goal for the respective list of supporters).
In addition we would like to thank the fantastic support we have received from:
- Our tireless Parents' Association, through events, endless creative ideas and their 100 Club
- The amazing Tweedy and his show "Lost Property"
- Those who shop through the Easy Fundraising portal
- The Pate's Society (our alumni organisation)
- The Diwali Celebrations
- All those who made donations to help with the costs of Sports Travel
- Those who have made an optional donation when purchasing a ticket for a school event through TicketSource
- Those who made a donation in return for refreshments
- Those who donated refunds from trips or exam fees
- The amazing students who won the Bank of England Target 2.0 prize
- The School Council for their 'rock, paper, scissors' competition
- Our visiting Japanese students who gave us a 'thank you' donation
- Thomas Legal Group
- House Sponsors - Montpellier Lodge, Harrison Clark Rickerbys, Zoom, Richmond Villages and Hazlewoods
If you have any complaints about how we run our fundraising appeal, please contact the Bursar, Stephen Locke here or telephone 01242 538252
"I am continually overwhelmed by, and thankful for the generosity of the Pate's community. Without their financial support, the school would be a very different place" (Head Master)